The easiest way for your customer to keep track of their payments is through receipts. With SumUp you can either send a receipt via SMS or email or print for free a physical version for your customer.
Sending receipts also reduces the chance of a chargeback for you. For more information on chargebacks, click here.
In this article:
After processing a successful transaction, you will have the option to send a receipt via email or text message. The screen shown below will pop up automatically. Just add the email address or mobile phone number of your customer and hit the “Send Receipt” button.
You can easily resend a receipt with the SumUp App at a later date. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to the SumUp App on your smartphone/tablet with your account details.
- Enter the “Account” area (iOS) or click on the menu symbol (Android) and select the “Sales history” option.
- Browse your Sales History and locate the transaction you would like to send a receipt for.
- Tap on the transaction you would like to send a receipt for.
- Click on the 3 dots in the right corner of the transaction field and choose “Send receipt”.
- You can now enter an email address or phone number. Tap “Send receipt” and your customer will receive the receipt.
You can also provide your customers with printed receipts. We currently support the following printing devices:
- Network Printer Star Micronics TSP100 (LAN)
- Network Printer Star Micronics TSP143 (LAN)
- Network Printer Star Micronics TSP650 (LAN)
- Network Printer Star Micronics TSP650ii (Bluetooth, not the USB version!)
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Bixolon SPP-R200lliK/BEGE
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Star Micronics SM-L200
You will find the “Printer” option within the “Account” (iOS) or “Menu” (Android) tab in the SumUp App.
Once you have successfully connected the printer to your phone/tablet, you will find some additional features such as printing a second receipt for yourself or linking a compatible cash drawer to the printer.
Want to know more about using printers with SumUp? Click here.