Even though you’re now set for accepting card payments, from time to time, people might still want to pay with cash. You can keep track of these payments using the SumUp App so that all your sales are in one place.
Of course, there are no fees when it comes to cash payments.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to record cash payments within the SumUp App:
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone and log in with the email address and password that you registered with.
- To enable cash payments, tap on "More" and go to “Payment methods”.
- Switch on the “Cash Payment” toggle and go back to your home screen.
Accept cash payments
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone and log in.
- Type an amount like you normally would for a card payment, or select a product from your Product Catalogue.
- When you press "Charge" a new screen will appear allowing you to select a payment method.
- Tap "Cash".
- Enter the amount of cash you were given. The app will automatically tell you how much change you have to give back.
- Press "Charge" and you're done.
You now have the option to send a receipt to your customer via SMS or email.
If you want to provide your customer with a physical receipt you can also print a receipt with one of our compatible printers, or via AirPrint / Google Cloud Print. For more information visit this article.