Can't connect to your phone or tablet? We’ll guide you through troubleshooting your Air Card Reader so you can return to your sales as quickly as possible.
Is my device compatible?
Check this article for a list of compatible smartphones or tablets.
Is my card reader charged?
A low battery level can cause connectivity issues which is why we recommend charging your reader. For more details, check out SumUp Air: Manual.
How do I troubleshoot my card reader?
Step 1: Reset the card reader
Follow these steps to reset the Bluetooth chip in your reader:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your phone or tablet.
- Close the SumUp App on your device.
- Make sure your card reader is not charging.
- Turn off your reader.
- Now press and hold down the power button of your card reader until you see "Release for BT" on the display.
- Release the power button once you hear a beep.
Now the Bluetooth chip in your card reader is reset. Please wait for a second beep before reconnecting the reader to your phone.
Step 2: Reconnect the card reader
Reconnect the SumUp Air to accept card payments again:
- Enable the Bluetooth on your phone or tablet.
- In the SumUp App, tap on "More" at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, go to “Payment Methods” and tap on “SumUp Air”.
- Make sure that the last 3 digits that are shown on your screen match the last 3 digits of your card reader’s serial number.
- Confirm the pairing request on your smartphone or tablet by tapping “Connect”. You might need to confirm the connection by tapping the green tick on your card reader.
If you’re still experiencing connectivity issues, please restart your smartphone or tablet. Once you log in to the SumUp App again, try to take a card payment to see if your card reader connects to your device.
If you continue to have issues, please contact our Support Team.