In this article:
- Change bank account details
- Change email address
- Change mobile phone number
- Change address
- Change business name
- Close account
Your business details as well as your personal details should always be up-to-date because this information is used to verify your identity.
Change bank account details
You can easily change your bank details in your SumUp Account at sumup.me. Here’s how:
- Log into your SumUp Account at sumup.me.
- Click on your account in the top right corner and then choose “Account”.
- A menu of four options will open—choose “Bank details”.
- You can now click a button that says “Change Your Bank Account”.
- Please enter your new account details into the corresponding fields (UK: account number, sort code, Ireland: IBAN, BIC/SWIFT). Click “Save and continue”.
- You will now receive an SMS to your registered mobile phone number with a 4-digit verification code. Please enter the code into the corresponding field.
- All done! You will receive an automatic confirmation of your change and from now on, all payouts will be transferred to this account.
You cannot modify the name of the bank account. If this is necessary, please send us a copy of your bank statement as a proof via email (UK: firstname.lastname@example.org, IE: email@example.com). The name of the cardholder, the account number as well as sort code, IBAN or BIC/SWIFT should be clearly visible. The bank statement shouldn’t be older than 6 months.
Change email address
If you want to change the email address linked to your SumUp Account, please contact our Support Team (UK: firstname.lastname@example.org, IE: email@example.com). Just send us an email originating from your original email address that you registered with containing your new email address.
If this is not possible, for example if you don’t have access to your old email account, please call our Support Team.
Change mobile phone number
In order to change your mobile phone number, we ask you to provide us with a copy of your mobile phone bill or a screenshot of the online portal of your mobile phone provider via email
A change in your mobile phone number won’t affect your card reader and your transaction in any way. We only need your mobile number for our database.
If you want to change your address we ask you to send us a copy of a bank statement or utility bill with your current address displayed via email (UK: firstname.lastname@example.org, IE: email@example.com).
As soon as we have received your proof, we will change your address accordingly.
Change business name
To change the business name of your account, we need a copy of your official company registration document (with the requested business name on it). Please send the copy to our Support Team via email (UK: firstname.lastname@example.org, IE: email@example.com). Afterwards, we will change the name in our database accordingly.