SumUp is authorised as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Therefore, we are obligated to verify that you are the individual registered with the SumUp account and that you are the main contact for your business.
In this article:
- How can I verify my account?
- How do I upload my documents?
- What are the requirements for my documents?
How can I verify my account?
You will receive a notification from our Onboarding Team to upload your proof of identity before you reach 5000 EUR. We will ask you to upload:
- Your ID (front & back) or your passport’s picture page including signature page (driver’s license (front & back) is also accepted)
- A picture of yourself (taken from within the SumUp App).
In some cases, we may require further business-related documents based on your business type.
Please note that in order to continue accepting card payments with SumUp beyond 5000 EUR, you’ll need to complete this process. If your identity isn’t verified, your account will be blocked.
You only need to provide documents if we ask you to.
How do I upload my document?
In case you're not automatically asked to verify you account, follow these steps:
- Download the SumUp App or update it to the latest version.
- Reach your "Settings" by tapping the symbol.
- Tap "Verify Account".
- Kindly follow the instructions in the SumUp App.
- Login to sumup.me.
- Click on "Account" in the left menu.
- Choose "Account Details" and then click "Documents".
- Click on (+) to upload your document or drag and drop your file to the relevant section.
- Click on "Upload documents".
Once your account has been verified, we will send you a confirmation via email.
What are the requirements for my documents?
- Your ID provided must be valid and not expired.
- Your ID must also display a clear photo of you.
- The name registered on the SumUp account must match the name on all documents.
- If uploading your passport as your ID make sure that your signature page is included if it is separate from the photo page
- The images uploaded must be clear, of good quality and show the whole document.