SumUp is authorised as a Payment Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Therefore, we are obligated to verify that you are the individual registered with the SumUp account and that you are the main contact for your business.
How can I verify my account?
You will receive an email from our Onboarding Team requesting a scan or photo of the following document:
- ID (e.g. your passport’s picture page including signature page or both sides of your driver’s license)
Note: Additional documents might be requested later during the onboarding process. This may also include a proof of home address (e.g. utility bills, bank statement or lease agreement dated within the last 6 months) or a proof of business activity such as invoices, business cards, company website, etc.
Please upload the documents directly in your SumUp account at sumup.me. To find your Account area, click on your business name in the top left corner. Choose “Account” and then click “Documents”.
Here you can upload your ID document to the section "Legal identification". Once uploaded, our team will verify it and get back to you via email.
What are the requirements for my documents?
- The ID provided must be valid and not expired. It must also display a clear photo of the registered merchant
- The name registered on the SumUp account must match the name on all documents.
- If uploading your passport as your ID make sure that your signature page is included if it is separate from the photo page
- The images uploaded must be clear, of good quality and show the whole document.
The documents/images uploaded must be smaller than 10 MB. (In case you can’t upload the documents or the files are too large, please send them via email to our Onboarding Team.).