The SumUp 3G Card Reader, crafted for merchants who prefer a standalone device for accepting debit and credit card payments, is our latest offering.
It does not require a mobile phone or tablet to accept card payments as it utilises the unlimited data included in the device to establish a network connection to process payments.
To begin accepting card payments with your new 3G Card Reader, you must first set it up. Fortunately, the process is quick and easy—just follow these instructions:
- Make sure that you have completed your SumUp account registration by logging in online at sumup.me as this is necessary to begin accepting payments.
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button.
- Select your preferred language for your device.
- Once a connection has been established, please enter the email and password associated with your SumUp account by entering them on the touchscreen.
Note: You can also use the buttons on the device to enter numbers if you wish.
- The reader will take you to a screen which will say, “Please enter amount”. Enter an amount (minimum £1.00 / €1.00) and press the green tick to accept your first transaction with the reader.
And that’s it! You may now enjoy accepting card payments with your 3G reader.
Check out our SumUp 3G: Manual for further instructions.