You have your SumUp Card, what’s next? Check out the following frequently asked questions for optimal use.
In this article:
- Order and shipment
- Card setup and PIN
- Transfers and card balance
Order and shipment
Can I order multiple SumUp Cards?
No, at the moment, we only offer one SumUp Card per SumUp Account.
Card setup and PIN
How do I set up the PIN for my SumUp Card?
Once you receive your SumUp Card, you'll be able to set up your PIN.
- Log in to your SumUp App or sumup.me.
- Go to "SumUp Card" in the left menu.
- Under Settings, click on the button “Set PIN”.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN you wish to use and click “Confirm”.
How do I activate my card?
The SumUp Card is shipped with a balance of £1.00. To activate it after setting your PIN, simply make a transaction using your SumUp card reader.
Once activated, your next payout will be sent to the card.
Can I change my PIN?
Yes, to do so:
- Log in to sumup.me.
- Click on "SumUp Card" in the menu on the left.
- Under Settings, click on the button “Set PIN” and from there you will be able to change your PIN.
Transfers and card balance
How do I change the payout method from bank transfer to SumUp Card?
Once you have activated your SumUp Card, the payment method will automatically switch from bank transfer to SumUp Card. All following transactions will be paid out to your SumUp Card.
Should you later wish to change the payout method back to bank transfer, simply:
- Log in to sumup.me.
- Select “Account” in the menu bar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Go to "Settings".
- Click on "Direct to bank account" in the Payout settings and hit the button “Continue” to amend your payout method.
When will the balance from a transaction be transferred to my SumUp Card?
The balance will be available on your SumUp Card the following day, including weekends.
Where can I check my balance?
You can easily check the balance of your SumUp Card by logging in to your SumUp App or sumup.me and selecting "SumUp Card" in the menu. From there you’ll find a section listing your balance.
Can I make a transfer to my bank account?
At the moment, the option to transfer funds from the SumUp Card to a bank account is not available. If you wish to stop using the SumUp Card, we recommend changing your payout method to 'bank account', and to spend or withdraw the remaining balance on your card. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact our Support Team.
Can I add more funds to my SumUp Card?
No, not at the moment.
How can I know my card’s limit and/or change it?
To protect your funds if your card is lost or stolen, there are limits on your card. If you would like to request a change to any of the limits on your card, please contact our Support Team.
- In-store - £900 per payment & £2,700 per day
- Online - £900 per payment & £2,300 per day
- ATM - £300 per payment & £800 per day