You can now give your customers the option to tip using their credit cards by enabling the Tipping feature in your SumUp App or 3G Card Reader. Here’s a guide on how you can easily get started using the Tipping feature.
- Log in to your SumUp App.
- Select “More” in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose “Tipping”.
- Tap on the “Enable Tipping” toggle to activate the feature.
- Log in to your 3G Card Reader.
- Go to “Menu” by pressing the upwards or downwards arrow on the reader.
- Select “Account settings” followed by “Tipping”.
- To enable, choose “On”.
- Press the green tick to confirm your choice.
- You can exit the “Menu” by pressing “X” on the card reader.
How to tip
Your app or card reader’s screen will now display a tipping option after the payment amount has been entered. Your customers can input an amount or choose from a suggested percentage presented in the SumUp App.
Note: The tipping function can also be disabled later by following the above steps and then selecting “Off” on the card reader or tapping on the “Enable Tipping” toggle in the app.