As soon as your 3G Card Reader has been set up, you can begin accepting card payments.
It’s simple. See the following steps:
- Turn on your 3G Card Reader. You should be automatically logged in once you have entered your credentials during the card reader setup.
- Enter the transaction amount (minimum £ 1.00) and press the green tick.
- You can add a sales description to be able to identify the payment easily in your reports.
- If you’d like to give your customer the option to tip.
- Have the customer pay once “Please tap” appears on the screen by:
- Tapping their NFC-enabled card or device on the card reader’s screen, or
- inserting their chip card at the bottom of the card reader.
- If prompted, have the customer authorise the payment by entering their PIN or by signing the screen when requested, before pressing the green tick.
You should then see the notification “Send receipt”. You can now choose to send the receipt, print it or dismiss.
If you want to send a receipt to your customer
- Select the receipt option: “Email receipt” or “SMS receipt”
- Depending on their receipt preference, ask the customer to enter their email or mobile number.
- Confirm by pressing “OK” on the screen.
If you have our 3G Printer connected to your card reader, you can print the receipt.
Done! Now you’re ready for the next transaction.
Check out our SumUp 3G: Manual for further instructions.
Did you know you can use your SumUp Card Reader abroad?