The easiest way for your customer to keep track of their payments is through receipts. With SumUp you can either send a receipt via SMS or email or print for free a physical version for your customer.
Sending receipts also reduces the chance of a chargeback for you. For more information on chargebacks, click here.
After processing a successful transaction, you will have the option to send a receipt via email or text message. The screen shown left will pop up automatically. Just add the email address or mobile phone number of your customer and hit the “Send Receipt” button.
You can easily resend a receipt with the SumUp App at a later date. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to the SumUp App on your smartphone/tablet with your account details.
- For iOS: Tap on the Sales History symbol (second symbol from the left).
For Android: Tap on the menu symbol in the top left corner and go to "Sales History".
- Browse your Sales History and locate the transaction you would like to send a receipt for.
- Tap on the transaction you would like to send a receipt for.
- Click on the 3 dots in the right corner of the transaction field and choose “Send receipt”.
- You can now enter an email address or phone number. Tap “Send receipt” and your customer will receive the receipt.
You can also provide your customers with printed receipts. We currently support the following printing devices:
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Bixolon SPP-R210iK/BEGE
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Bixolon SPP-R200lliK/BEGE
- Mobile Bluetooth Printer Star Micronics SM-L200
In the SumUp App, you can find printing options by tapping the Settings symbol (iOS) on the bottom right corner or the menu symbol (Android) in the top left corner. Then select "Printing".
Once you have successfully connected the printer to your phone/tablet, you will find some additional features such as printing a second receipt for yourself or linking a compatible cash drawer to the printer.
Want to know more about using printers with SumUp? Click here.