Even though your business will be set for accepting card payments with the SumUp Card Reader, from time to time, your customers might still want to pay with cash. You can keep track of these payments using the SumUp App so that all your sales are in one place. (Note: Of course, there are no fees when it comes to cash payments.)
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to enable and accept cash payments with the SumUp App:
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone or tablet and log in with the email address and password that you registered with.
- To enable cash payments, tap on the "Settings" tab and go to “Payment methods”.
- Switch on the “Cash Payment” toggle and go back to your home screen.
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone and log in with the email address and password that you registered with.
- Type in an amount like you normally would for a card payment, or select a product from your Product Catalog. When you press “Charge” a new screen will appear allowing you to select a payment method. Click “Cash”.
- The SumUp App will now show you the exact amount of money required and you only need to enter the amount of cash you were given. The app will automatically tell you how much change you have to give back.
- Press “Charge” and you’re done! You now have the option to send a receipt to your customer via SMS or email.
If you want to provide your customer with a physical receipt you can also print a receipt with one of our compatible printers, or via AirPrint / Google Cloud Print. For more information visit this article.