The SumUp Plus makes accepting card payments incredibly easy. Learn how to get started with this step-by-step guide.
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone or tablet and log in with the email address and password that you registered with.
- Enter the transaction amount or choose a product from the Product Catalog. You can also type in a description of the transaction in the corresponding field. When you’re done, press “Charge”.
- Your card reader will automatically turn on and connect to your device. Having issues? Learn troubleshooting tips here.
- Now your customer can pay by:
- Chip: Insert the card into the top of the card reader, placing it chip-side first with the front of the card facing up
- Contactless Card, Apple Pay or Google Pay: Tap the card or phone on the top of the card reader. After tapping the card onto the reader you’ll hear a beep and the 4 LEDs will light up, signaling a successful transfer
- Swipe: Swipe the card through the slot at the top of the card reader, with the magnetic strip placed downwards and facing up
- Having any issues accepting payments? Check out our troubleshooting guide here
- Learn more about your SumUp Plus Card Reader here
- Did you know you can also accept cash payments with the SumUp App? Here’s how.
- Want to learn more about NFC transactions for Apple Pay and Google Pay? Click here.