Here’s a guide to the SumUp EMV Card Reader, our latest card reader and the perfect partner for your business.
The card reader’s features include:
- Connects via Bluetooth
- Accepts EMV chip, contactless (NFC), Apple and Android Pay as well as magnetic stripe payments
- Transaction is authorised by customer via PIN on the card reader itself or via signature in our SumUp App
- Charges via USB cable connected to your computer, another power source or the SumUp Charging station
- Battery lasts up to 500 transactions
- Accepted cards: Visa, American Express, Diners, Discover and Mastercard
Our sleek EMV Card Reader boasts an OLED display and a touchscreen keyboard powered by a Lithium-ion battery (1300mAh) as well as an NFC antenna for contactless cards.
Pay only $69, shipping included, and receive your card terminal within 4-5 business days with a 30-day money back guarantee. To take the first step in revolutionizing the way you process payments, click here to order your reader.
General usage of card reader
- We can only guarantee full functionality of your card reader between temperatures of -32°F to 113°F. Because of this we recommend that you do not leave the card reader in your car during summer or winter for a long period of time.
- Even if you don’t use the card reader, we recommend you charge it once a month.
- The card reader is designed with security sensors to protect it from manipulation and tampering. For this reason, you should always handle your card reader with great care. Be sure to avoid using the device with force or impact (including dropping it on the ground or knocking it across the table) to prevent an automatic security lock being enabled. Once this is triggered, the card reader is permanently locked and cannot be used.
- Please always ensure you are not using the card reader on metal or magnetic surfaces. The device has a security feature that prevents any unauthorised reading of magnetic card strips on credit and debit cards. When the card reader is placed on or near a metal surface, this can cause the payment to be automatically declined.
*The SumUp EMV Card Reader is specific to the region of the United States.