SumUp is registered as a Money Service Business with FinCEN and is required to identify its customers in line with the Anti-Money Laundering rules set out in the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act. Therefore, we are obligated to verify that you are the individual registered with the SumUp account and that you are the main contact for your business.
How can I verify my account?
You will receive an email from our Onboarding Team requesting a scan or photo of the the following documents:
- Bank account information
- Business type
- ID (e.g. your passport’s picture page including signature page or both sides of your driver’s license)
- Proof of address registered with SumUp (e.g. utility bills, bank statement or lease agreement dated within the last 6 months)
- Social security number
Note: Additional documents might be requested later during the onboarding process. This may also include a proof of business activity such as invoices, business cards, company website, etc.
Please upload the documents directly in your SumUp account at sumup.me. To find your Account area, click on your business name in the top left corner. Choose “Account” and then click “Documents”.
Here you can upload your ID document to the section "Legal identification" and the proof of your address to the section "Proof of address". Once uploaded, our team will verify them and get back to you via email.
What are the requirements for my documents?
- The ID provided must be valid and not expired. It must also display a clear photo of the registered merchant.
- The name registered on the SumUp account must match the name on all documents.
- If you upload your passport as your ID, make sure that your signature page is included if it is separate from the photo page.
- The images uploaded must be clear, of good quality and show the whole document.
The documents/images uploaded must be smaller than 10 MB. (In case you can’t upload the documents or the files are too large, please send them via email to our Onboarding Team.).