Recover a Business Account transfer

If you transfer money to the wrong person or account or in the wrong amount, we can try to recover it. Transfers sent to accounts that don't exist will be automatically returned to you.

To attempt recovery, you need to provide us with the following:

  • Information on how the error occurred

  • Information on whether you were able to contact the money's recipient

  • Your account number and sort code

  • The account number and sort code the money was sent to

  • The account number and sort code of the intended recipient

Transfer recipients have 20 days to respond to recovery requests. However, we can't guarantee that they'll consent to the return of your money.

When can I submit a recovery request?

Recovery requests are only possible if money was sent to the wrong place or in the wrong amount. Dissatisfaction with a purchase is not a valid reason.

Recover a card payment

In certain circumstances, it's possible to recover payments made with your SumUp Card by requesting a chargeback.

Any card payment recovery must be started within 90 days of the transaction taking place.