Using the feature SMS Payments you can accept credit & debit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, JCB) without the SumUp Card Reader.
The fee is 2.95% + €0.25/£0.25 per "SMS Payments" transaction.
How it works
Your customer needs a smartphone with Internet connection.
- Log in to the SumUp App with your email address and password.
- Enter the amount you wish to charge and tap 'Charge'.
- Choose SMS Payments as your payment method.
- Then enter the customer's mobile phone number and tap 'Send'.
- Your customer immediately receives a text message from SumUp that contains a link. Important: This link is valid for 30 minutes.
- As soon as the customer opens on the link, they will be guided to a secure webpage, where they can enter their card details. The customer then taps 'Pay £xx now' / 'Pay €xx now' to confirm the payment. They will then see a payment confirmation screen.
- You can also use the Check status feature in the SumUp App. When the transaction was successful, you will see a green tick mark. You can also send a receipt via text or email to your customer.
Here's a short video showing you our SMS Payments feature: