The SMS Payments feature enables you to accept credit and debit card payments (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, JCB) without the SumUp Card Reader.
This feature is not available immediately upon registration. To request access to SMS Payments, please log in, go to the Support tab in the left menu and send a message to our Support Team.
After you’ve supplied the information we need to verify your account, we will review these details and your account as a whole. As long as everything checks out, we will happily grant you access to the SMS Payments feature, and you’ll be good to go!
|EUR||2.95% + €0.25|
|CHF||2.95% + 0.25 CHF|
|GBP||2,95% + £0,25|
|PLN||2,95% + 1 zł.|
|SEK||2,95% + 2.30 SEK|
|USD||2,95% + $0.15|
How it works
Your customer needs a smartphone with Internet connection.
- Log in to the SumUp App with your email address and password.
- Enter the amount you wish to charge and tap 'Charge'.
- Choose SMS Payments as your payment method.
- Then enter the customer's mobile phone number and tap 'Send'.
- Your customer immediately receives a text message from SumUp that contains a link. Important: This link is valid for 30 minutes.
- As soon as the customer opens on the link, they will be guided to a secure webpage, where they can enter their card details. The customer then taps 'Pay £xx now' / 'Pay €xx now' to confirm the payment. They will then see a payment confirmation screen.
- You can also use the Check status feature in the SumUp App. When the transaction was successful, you will see a green tick mark. You can also send a receipt via text or email to your customer.
Here's a short video showing you our SMS Payments feature: