You can keep track of your cash payments with our SumUp App so all your sales are in one place. The SumUp App also enables you to send receipts to your customers for cash payments.
Of course, you won’t pay any fees for cash payments.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to take cash payments with the SumUp App:
- Open the SumUp App on your smartphone and log in with your email address and password that you registered with.
- To accept cash payments you to tap on the “Account” tab (iOS) or the menu symbol (Android) in the top left corner and go to “Payment methods”.
- Switch on the “Cash Payment” toggle and go back to your home screen.
- Type in an amount as you would normally do for a card payment. When you press “Charge” a new screen opens which lets you choose a payment method. Click “Cash”.
- The SumUp App will now show you the exact amount of money required and you only need to enter the amount of cash you were given. The app will tell you automatically how much change you have to give back.
- Press enter and you’re done! You now have the option to send a receipt to your customer via SMS or email. If you want to provide your customer with a physical receipt you can also print a receipt with one of our compatible printers. For more information visit this article.