SumUp empowers merchants to accept credit and debit card payments anywhere with our intuitive, cost-effective devices. Learn more about the heart behind our company here.
How do I get started?
Simply click on the blue “Get started now” button on our homepage. From there it’s an easy 2-step registration process.
- Create an account.
- Order your card reader.
Curious about our requirements to open an account? Click here for the information SumUp will need from you and here to learn about our bank account requirements. Still wondering if SumUp will support your business? Check out our list of Restricted Businesses.
What are the next steps?
As soon as your card reader arrives, you can start using it straight away.
1. Set up your card reader
Setting up your card reader is easy.
Now that your reader has arrived:
- Download the SumUp App on your phone or tablet and log in.
- Take your first transaction.
- Confirm the Bluetooth connection by pressing the green tick on your reader.
Done. You’re ready to take payments.
To begin transacting with your newly delivered 3G Card Reader, first, make sure you’ve completed your SumUp account registration at sumup.me.
Then turn on the device, select the preferred language and log into the reader with your SumUp email and password.
2. Processing transactions
To process transactions after the initial setup with the SumUp Air Card Reader, enter the payment amount in the app and tap “Charge”.
For the 3G Card Reader, enter the payment amount on the reader and press the green tick.
Then, regardless of your card reader, the final steps are the same:
- Insert, tap (or swipe for 3G) the accepted card.
- Have the customer confirm the transaction.
- After a successful transaction, you’ll have the option to send your customer a receipt via SMS or email.
3. Receive your payout within a few days!
SumUp will process your transaction within 1-3 business days (2-3 business days for Ireland and Malta) and then transfer the amount directly to your bank account after taking out the SumUp fee.