Get to know your 3G Card Reader. From features to general operating tips, the manual below offers a comprehensive look at our reader.
For help setting up your 3G Reader, check out the article SumUp 3G: Setup Guide.
Charge the SumUp 3G Card Reader with the included USB type C cable by connecting it to your computer or another power source. Note: The reader is able to accept transactions while charging.
In order for the SumUp 3G Card Reader to operate and process payments, it requires an internet connection. The device comes with an integrated SIM card and a WiFi feature so you can choose to connect the reader via a local cellular network or to WIFI.
View all of your transactions with details such as date, time and amount. You can also see whether your transactions were successful, failed, refunded, paid-out, or charged-back in one glance.
To view the sales history
- Go to “Menu” by clicking the upwards or downwards arrow on the card reader.
- Click on “Sales history”.
- Select a transaction from the list to view transaction details and payout details.
To issue a partial or full refund from your device, simply follow the steps:
- Select a transaction in your "Sales history".
- In “Transaction details” select the transaction by clicking the green tick on the reader (the payout will show a bank symbol).
- Scroll to "Refund transaction" using the downwards arrow and confirm by clicking the tick.
- Choose between "Full refund" or "Partial refund".
- Confirm the refund by entering your password.
Check out the 3G Card Reader’s menu options.
How to access the menu
To find any of the features below, simply go to the “Menu” by clicking the upwards or downwards arrow on the card reader.
Note: The card reader will automatically go into standby mode after 4 minutes without use. To completely turn off the device, hold down the power button for around 4 seconds or until the 4 green LEDs turn off. Note: After the device has been switched off, it will need to reconnect to the cellular network once it is turned on again.
Your card reader’s screen will now display a tipping option after the amount for a transaction has been entered, allowing your customers to enter the amount they wish to tip.
Should you need to add a tax to your products, you can now do so by following these steps.
To enable the tax feature, simply:
- Go to “Account settings”.
- Click on “taxes”.
- Select “On”.
To edit the current tax rates:
- Select “Edit tax rate”.
- Choose the rate you wish to change.
- Click on “Change tax rate”.
- Enter the new tax rate.
- Confirm by clicking in the green tick on the reader.
To activate this feature on your device, go to “Account settings” followed by “Sales description”. Here you can enable the feature by tapping “On”.
Note: You can always disable the feature by tapping “Off”.
To add a description, simply enter an amount then click on the green tick and the description field will appear on the screen. Key in the description and confirm by tapping “OK” or the green tick on the card reader. The device will now prompt your customer to tap or insert their card.